The Hog Canyons are great for those with experience in basic canyoneering looking to learn the skills behind “ghosting” or descending a canyon without a trace. Challenge yourself on this moderate to difficult journey with plenty of intrigue.
Starting at $449 | Private Tour | 2 Person Minimum
- Number of People Ages 7+
- Groups of 9+ Please call to make reservations
- If you have children that are under the age of 12, please give us a call after you book to confirm.
Discover the Wonders of the Alcatraz Canyon
A more dramatic canyon entry would be hard to imagine, a 50 m ( 165 ft) vehicle-hitch rappel over the rim. With such a dramatic start, it is hard to imagine the canyon getting any better or more adventurous. Aside from the go-big-or-go-home entrance rappel, the rest of the canyon is one of the longest continuous stretches of slot in the Roost, with nearly half of a mile of deep, tight narrows. This subterranean realm can only be experienced with a full gamut of canyoneering tricks and techniques.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Close-toed, comfortable shoes
- At least 1L of water per person
- Backpacks welcome
- Bring a camera at your own risk
- All gear necessary will be provided by Moab Canyon Tours (including ropes, harness, helmet, etc)